Atolls in Maldives
The Maldives is formed as one of the most complex and vibrant atoll structures found anywhere on the planet. The 26 natural atolls are categorised into 20 atolls for administrative purposes.
The 20 administrative atolls have distinct names and features that makes each one of them extraordinary. Now it is possible to explore all the atolls of the Maldives by staying in resorts, hotels, guest houses and traversing across the ocean in liveaboards.
The following are the names of the 20 administrative atolls starting from the northernmost atoll and ending with the southernmost atoll of the Maldives.
- Thiladhunmathi Uthuruburi (Haa Alifu Atoll)
- Thiladhunmathi Dhekunuburi (Haa Dhaalu Atoll)
- Miladhunmadulu Uthuruburi (Shaviyani Atoll)
- Miladhunmadulu Dhekunuburi (Noonu Atoll)
- Maalhosmadulu Uthuruburi (Raa Atoll)
- Maalhosmadulu Dhekunuburi (Baa Atoll)
- Faadhippolhu (Lhaviyani Atoll)
- Male’ Atholhu (Kaafu Atoll)
- Ari Atholhu Uthuruburi (Alifu Alifu Atoll)
- Ari Atholhu Dhekunuburi (Alifu Dhaalu Atoll)
- Felidhe Atholhu (Vaavu Atoll)
- Mulaku Atholhu (Meemu Atoll)
- Nilandhe Atholhu Uthuruburi (Faafu Atoll)
- Nilandhe Atholhu Dhekunuburi (Dhaalu Atoll)
- Kolhumadulu (Thaa Atoll)
- Hahdhunmathi (Laamu Atoll)
- Huvadhu Atholhu Uthuruburi (Gaafu Alifu Atoll)
- Huvadhu Atholhu Dhekunuburi (Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll)
- Fuvahmulah (Gnaviyani Atoll)
- Addu Atholhu (Seenu Atoll)